You must register to use this service 24hrs BEFORE needing a test. You cannot use this service if you arrive at the boundary and are unable to login to access the app. You will need to perform a nasopharyngeal test if you have not registered in time.
Register as a Eligible funded worker (moving through Alert Levels at the Auckland border).
You have a choice to provide a saliva sample for surveillance testing for COVID-19 rather than undertake a nasal (nasopharyngeal) swab testing. Saliva testing requires you to take 2 samples every 7 days, with at least a 48 gap between the two samples.
You will need proof of your test to cross the Alert Level boundary – this will be available within the app after you drop your test in a drop-box. You do not need to show your test result.
Information on businesses permitted to travel across Alert Level boundaries can be found here.
IMPORTANT – read the set up instructions below before you begin registration
How to get set up
- Complete the registration form below by selecting with ‘Register on behalf of staff’ or ‘Register as a staff member’.
- Your details will be loaded into the Collection Management System (CMS)
- You will receive an email when this has been completed (approx. 24 hours)
- Employees will now be able to download and login to the app using their NHI number
- Note – you cannot log into the app until you have received confirmation your details are in the CMS
- The Saliva Testing App allows essential workers to self-collect their sample, record the collection, and drop their sample to a nearby drop-off location.
Learn more about how to provide your sample here.
- Use your app at the border to show you have completed a test.
- Your results will also be available in your app.